Revised And Updated!
A Step-By-Step Guide To Managing Your Money From A Biblical Perspective
Many excellent books teach God's principles of finance. Perhaps one or more of them has helped you lay a strong biblical foundation for carrying out your money management responsibilities. But as you try to apply those principles to making real-life investing decisions, it's easy to feel overwhelmed by the jargon and the sheer number of investment possibilities.
Investment advisor Austin Pryor has carefully created the "next step" guide that helps you put godly principles of finance into motion. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced investor, you'll benefit from stepping across this bridge between "theory" and "action." Each user-friendly lesson is written in everyday English and filled with helpful visual aids. In this revised and updated fifth edition of Sound Mind Investing, you'll learn:
- What investing is and why it's actually quite simple
- Six characteristics of investing that glorify God
- What important steps to take to prepare yourself financially before you invest
- What mutual funds are and why they make investing easier than ever before
- How to use your personal investing "temperament" and present "season of life" to make decisions and limit your risk
- How to implement an investment strategy that's guaranteed to help you keep pace with the markets
- Tax-wise ways to invest for college, including the state-sponsored 529 savings plans
- The pros and cons of investing internationally
- The rules governing IRAs and 401(k)s and which should have the priority
- How to make the calculations needed to make sure your retirement countdown is on schedule
College professors have even used this book in their finance classes because of its easy to understand format. So, whether you invest a little or a lot, these biblical principles apply to you. In short, he's made learning about investing as painless as it's going to get.
(Pryor, 358 pages, soft cover)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Section 1: Getting Debt-Free
Section 2: Saving for Future Needs
Section 3: Investing Your Surplus
Section 4: Diversifying for Safety
Section 5: Retirement Countdown
Section 6: Investing That Glorifies God
Testimonial from Larry Burkett (1939-2003):
"As I have observed Austin over the years, I have found his counsel to be both biblical and practical. I know of no other individual with whom I would consult with more confidence on the subject of mutual fund investing than Austin. He has achieved success in the business world with truth and honesty."
Testimonial from Ron Blue:
"There are few that I have as much respect for and confidence in than Austin. His counsel in the investment area has proven to be extraordinarily wise and discerning. I can recommend this book without hesitation as a "must read" for anyone interested in investing in very uncertain economic times."